Future tenses

There are different tenses that we can use to refer to future time in English.
The speaker's intention or the context of the comment helps to understand the use of the different tenses.
Examples:
  • Hurry up! The show starts in five minutes. (shceduled event)
  • I can't go with you tomorrow. I'm meeting my friend Patrick. (arrangement)
  • Look at that car! It's going to crash! (prediction based on present evidence)
  • I'm going to travel to Egypt this summer.  I was in doubt first but I've decided to do it. (plan/intention)
  • I believe people's ecological awareness will increase in the near future. (prediction)
  • Mary says she'll bring her computer so we're OK in that area. (promise)

The following links take you to websites that offer more information on this topic:
British Council - future tenses
FIS - Future tenses

Follow this link to take a quiz to practise future tenses:
E-nglish Online - Future tenses quiz