Practice with business presentations


You can use different verb structures to tell the audience what you are going to say:

WOULD LIKE + Infinitive Today, I'd like to tell you about our new plans.

In this presentation I'd like to show you our latest product.
WILL + Infinitive I'll start off by explaining the function.

Then, I'll go on to give an outline of the project.
GOING TO + Infinitive Today, I'm going to talk to you about new developments.

I'm going to explain to you how to improve sales.
WILL BE + verb -ing In my talk, I'll be looking at the costs of the project.

I'll be talking about disadvantages of this method.

These are verbs that are typically used in the introduction, but that can be used later too.



Work with the activities below to reinforce what you've learned.




Activity 1




Activity 2




Activity 3




Activity 4




-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-