Adjectives in a song

Adjectives are words that we use to describe something.  They help us define things more clearly.
For example: A woman is sitting next to Michael. (we have no idea what she looks like)
But: A beautiful tall woman is sitting next to Michael. (we have more information now)

So, adjectives are fantastic words to learn. (Ah, I've used an adjective here!)

We can practise some adjectives using this song from Super Tramp, which may not be a modern band - that's another adjective! - but, whose song comes really useful (yet another one!) to practise adjectives.


When I was young, it seemed that life was so 1. ___,
wonderful fantastic awesome
A miracle, oh it was 2. ___, magical.
wonderful beautiful lovely
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
Joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be 3. ___,
sensitive sensible practical
Logical, 4. ___, practical.
kind mature responsible
And they showed me a world where I could be so 5. ___,
dependable wonderful sensible
Clinical, 6. ___, cynical.
physical intellectual practical
There are times when all the world's 7. ___,
deep asleep awake
The questions run too deep
For such a 8. ___ man.
simple difficult handsome
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds 9. ___
crazy strange absurd
But please tell me who I am.
Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a 10. ___,
practical cynical radical
Liberal, fanatical, 11. ___.
criminal intellectual physical
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
Acceptable, respectable, 12. ___, a vegetable!
presentable dependable available

At night, when all the world's asleep,
The questions run so deep
For such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am.


Score =
Correct answers: