This - That - These and Those in songs


Listen to these parts of songs and choose the correct option to complete the lyrics.
All the missing words are related to determiners: THIS, THAT, THESE and THOSE.




1. _____ is the rhythm of the night
This That These
The night, oh yeah
The rhythm of the night
2. ____ is the rhythm of my life
That This Those
My life, oh yeah
The rhythm of my life

You could put some joy upon my face
Oh, sunshine in an empty place
Take me to turn to, and babe I'll make you stay
Oh, I can ease you of your pain
Feel you give me love again
Round and round we go, each time I hear you say



3. ____ are nights below
Those That These
4. And ____'s the moon above
that this those
5. And ____ are eyes that say, "You're mine"
those these this
Why can't we combine these an' that an' those?
6. ____ are moments rare
This These Those
7. And ____'s a comfy chair
that this these
8. And ____ are lips that should be kissed
that this those
9. How can we resist ____ an' that an' those?
this these that



10. 'Cos ____ are the days of our lives
this these those
They've flown in the swiftness of time
11. ____ days are all gone now but some things remain
These this that
When I look and I find no change
12. ____ were the days of our lives, yeah
These Those That
The bad things in life were so few
13. ____ days are all gone now but one thing's still true
Those That These
When I look and I find, I still love you
I still love you



14. I should have known better than to let you go alone
It's times like ____ I can't make it on my own
this that these
Wasted days and sleepless nights
And I can't wait to see you again

I find I spend my time waiting on your call
How can I tell you, babe, my back's against the wall
I need you by my side to tell me it's all right
'Cause I don't think I can take anymore
15. Is this love that I'm feeling?
Is ____ the love that I've been searching for?
this that these
Is this love or am I dreaming?
This must be love
'Cause it's really got a hold on me
A hold on me


Score =
Correct answers: